Saturday, December 8, 2012

Copyright again

I agree 110% that all creativity is a remix! I say this even with writing when doing my reports. I know plagiarism is different than copyright law but there are some basic concepts shared. How many times can a subject be written, videoed, sang, painted, etc. before someone ends up copying some part of what another person already did? Think about it. If I wanted to write, for example, a story about a princess that was completely original; she couldn't live in a castle, marry a prince, have an evil sister, or live happily ever after. Actually I couldn't even write a story about a princess at all. She's already been made up by someone else so even she wouldn't be MY original idea. Scratch that I'll make a painting with flowers in it. Nope, I won't it's been done. See what I mean?! Every idea has at some point in time already been done by another person. If you don't remix things with your own personal touch you will have nothing to do.

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely! I can't imagine something completely new coming out ever. One of my favorite comedians, Rob Paravonian, does a rant about all the modern songs that are based on Pachelbel's Cannon in D.

    ReplyDelete