Monday, November 26, 2012

The Long Tail

I was reading through some of my classmates blogs this week to see if I could find something that would help me figure out what to write on my own. The long tail stuff wasn't really making much sense to me. I was listening to it, reading it but my brain was thinking what on earth are they talking about??? Then the light bulb suddenly came on!

I realized I do use the long tail in my life. This weekend I'm working as an independent contractor running a diaper demo for a cloth diaper company. My diaper obsessions website plus my blogging about cloth diapering has a direct relation to being hired for this job. Without having used those things nobody outside my small little world would know I did demos or had the knowledge, experience etc to do them.

I'm also guilty of waiting until the price of something goes down before I buy it. One of my children wants an item for Christmas this year that cost several hundred dollars when it was the newest thing. She's getting it now that the price has fallen below $100.

P.S. Thank you Lynn for your blog post that gave me my light bulb moment!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you "got" this, and that your classmates could help you figure it out. Your example is excellent and right on.

    ReplyDelete