Friday, October 26, 2012

presentations

The video we had to watch about presentations called Hans Rosling: Debunking third-world myths with the best stats you've ever seen.was a really cool presentation. I loved how he had so much movement and movement within his presentation. It was almost halfway through (I didn't see a timer to mark a certain time point) when he was giving the information on the graph that had a high peak in the middle and colors for each piece of information start falling from the top right into place! I am definitely going to try to learn how to use some of his techniques in my presentation, I don't know what you mean Lisa, by the question what are his key elements? If you let me know in a comment I will come back in to add more to my post.

2 comments:

  1. By key elements I mean what techniques is he using to get his point across? The elements of his presentation are graphical, but what else, can you talk in more details about what he actually is doing in his presentation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon,

    Rosling's presentation seemed very smooth. I wish I could make my presentation like his as you said, but I do not quite see that happening. The way he laid data pieces over other data pieces was great. They way the bubbles moved into place while he was discussing what was happening made the whole presentation go together. And, one other thing I noticed was there was very little text on his slides.

    Trina

    ReplyDelete